Time: 9am - 4pm
Duration: 1 day
Compatible with 2013
In this course you will learn how to: work with SQL statements; use the SELECT command; use SQL Joins; use subqueries; work with advanced forms.
MO13AC201—Microsoft Access 2013 Advanced Essentials or equivalent is mandatory.
This course is currently available in another city, on demand or for private classes only. Call us at 888.484.2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form and we will contact you to arrange a class date that is suitable to your availability.
- Module 1: SQL and Microsoft Access
- What is SQL?
- What is an SQL Statement?
- What is an SQL Naming Convention?
- What is SQL Syntax?
- Module 2: Using the SELECT Statement
- Selecting All Data
- Selecting Specific Data
- Selecting Conditional Data
- Using the ORDER BY Statement
- Module 3: Using SQL Joins
- Creating Simple Joins
- Using an Alias
- Sorting Joins
- Creating Outer Joins
- Module 4: Using Subqueries
- What is a Subquery?
- Creating a Subquery
- Subqueries with Aggregate Functions and Nested Subqueries
- Using the IN Keyword with Subqueries
- Module 5: Advanced Form Tasks, Part One
- Limiting User Access to a Form
- Creating Checkboxes and Command Buttons
- Building Command Button Events
- Creating Event Procedures
- Module 6: Advanced Form Tasks, Part Two
- Using Hyperlinks in a Form
- Adding Links to Other Database Objects
- Inserting a Mailto Link in a Form
- Adding a Browser Control to a Form
- Performing Calculations in a Form
- Module 7: Advanced Form Tasks, Part Three
- Exporting Your Form to XML
- Exporting a Form as a Word Document
- Exporting a Form as HTML
- Sending a Form as an E-mail Attachment
- Exporting a Form to Other Formats
- Module 8: Creating Split Forms
- Creating a Split Form
- Splitting an Existing Form
- Using a Split Form
- Fixing the Form Separator
- Module 9: Using Digital Signatures
- What is a Digital Signature?
- Obtaining a Digital Signature
- Attaching Your Signature to a Database
- Extract and Use a Signed Database
- Module 10: Using the Trust Center
- Opening the Trust Center
- Trusting a Database
- Configuring Macro Security
- Customizing the Message Bar
- Module 11: Managing COM Add-ins
- Viewing Add-ins
- Opening the Add-in Manager
- Installing Add-ins
- Disabling All Add-ins
- Uninstalling Add-ins
- Module 12: Customizing Access
- Changing User Information
- Changing the Office Background and Theme
- Setting the Default Database Type and Location
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.