Time: 9AM - 4PM Eastern Time (ET)
Duration: 1 Day
In this course you will learn how to: Migrate an XHTML website to HTML5; Enrich semantic content with the new HTML5 elements and attributes; Enhance user interaction using standard HTML5 markup; Control audio and video without Flash.
This course is currently available in another city, on demand or for private classes only. Call us at 888.484.2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form and we will contact you to arrange a class date that is suitable to your availability.
- Why Use HTML5?
- Plain old semantic markup
- HTML5 and mobile Web development
- Adoption: HTML5 is everywhere
- The Document Metadata Container
- The document type declaration
- The root element
- Document metadata
- MIME type requirements and defaults
- Sectioning Content
- What is sectioning content?
- Outlining with sectioning elements
- Understanding the <section>, <article>, <nav>, <aside>, <footer> and <address> elements
- Other sectioning content elements
- Grouping Content
- Understanding the <main> element
- Using the <figure> and <figcaption> elements
- Other grouping content elements
- Text-level Content
- Changes to the <em> and <strong> elements
- How to use the <i> and <b> elements
- Replacing <acronym> with <abbr>
- Understanding the <small>, <time> and <mark> elements
- Other text-level elements
- Embedded Content
- Adding sound with the <audio> element
- Specify alternate media using <source>
- Adding visual media with <video>
- Adding syncronized captions using <track>
- Other embedded content elements
- Form Content Elements
- The new <input> type attribute values
- Enhancing the interface using <datalist>
- Using the new <output> elemen
- Understanding the <meter> element
- Creating a disclosure widget with <details> and <summary>
- Creating a disclosure widget with and
- Applying the "open" attribute
- Other interactive elements
- Enabling HTML5
- Using Modernizr and the HTML5 Shiv
- HTML5 fallbacks and cross-browser polyfills
- HTML5 validation
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.