Time: 9am - 4pm
Duration: 3 days
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that makes it possible for beginners and seasoned professionals to achieve stunning results. This three-day, hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Students work with dramatic real-world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in editing projects.
This course is currently available in another city, on demand or for private classes only. Call us at 888.484.2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form and we will contact you to arrange a class date that is suitable to your availability.
- Exploring the Final Cut Pro X Interface
- Following a Workflow, Opening Final Cut Pro X, Exploring the Interface, Using Menus and Shortcuts, Viewing and Sorting Events, Skimming Clips and Changing Views, Viewing and Creating Projects, Working in the Project Library, Viewing Projects in the Timeline, and Hiding and Quitting Final Cut Pro
- Importing Media into an Event, Importing Folders as Keyword Collections, Analyzing and Correcting Imported Clips, Importing from a Camera, Importing from the Finder, and Importing from Other Applications
- Organizing Clips in an Event
- Using Metadata to Customize an Event, Adding Keywords to Clips, Assigning Multiple Keywords to Clips, Applying Keywords to a Clip Range, Rating, Sorting and Searching Clips, and Creating Smart Collections
- Building a Rough Cut
- Creating a New Project, Screening and Marking Clips, Appending Clips in the Timeline, Viewing and Arranging Clips in the Magnetic Timeline, Inserting Clips into the Primary Storyline, Changing Edited Clips, Connecting Clips to the Primary Storyline, and Closing your Project
- Finetuning a Rough Cut
- Adding Markers to a Project, Connecting Clips to the Primary Storyline, Overwriting and Replacing Clips, Auditioning Clips in the Project, and Working with Storylines
- Adding to the Primary Storyline
- Duplicating a Project, Removing Clip Selections and Adding Gaps, Understanding Trimming, Applying the Trim Tool, and Trimming with Precision
- Applying Transitions
- Preparing for Transitions, Applying a Video Transition, Using the Transitions Browser, Modifying Transitions, Changing Transition Parameters in the Inspector, Adding Transitions to Other Storylines and Compound Clips, and Exploring Audio Transitions
- Working with Sound
- Monitoring and Adjusting Audio in the Timeline, Adding Music and Sound Effects, Adjusting Levels in the Audio Inspector, Creating Audio Fades, Recording a Narration Track, and Correcting Problem Audio
- Working with Titles, Generators and Themes
- Using the Titles Browser, Adding a Lower Third, Modifying Titles, Adding Bumpers and Credits, Working with Video Generators, and Using Themes
- Retiming and Transforming Clips
- Understanding Motion Properties, Retiming Clips, Creating Holds and Variable Speed Segments, Applying Preset Speed Effects, Transforming an Image, Cropping an Image, Adding a Ken Burns Effect, and Creating Keyboard Shortcuts
- Applying Effects and Enhancing Color
- Applying Video Effects, Modifying Effect Parameters, Auditioning and Animating Effects, Applying Audio Effects, and Enhancing Color in Final Cut Pro
- Exporting and Sharing Your Project
- Preparing a Project for Exporting and Sharing, Detecting Audio Peaks, Adjusting Video Levels for Broadcast, Exporting Movie File, Publishing a Project to Apple Devices, Publishing a Project to Video Sharing Sites, Exporting an Image from your Project, Exporting for Blue-Ray Disc, DVD, or Disk Image
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.