This course is designed to create engaging, fixed-layout EPUB files with interactive content. These EPUBS can only be viewed on newer tablets and EPUB readers.
If you wish to create standard, flowable EPUB files that are suitable for basic layout documents and are compatible with more EPUB readers including older models, consider the course Adobe InDesign: Creating EPUB Books.
Time: 9am - 4pm
Duration: 2 days
Compatible with CC
In this course, you will learn how to: Create rich and engaging EPUB files based on the EPUB 3.0 technology; Convert print designs to EPUB documents; Include animation, rich media and interactive elements in your EPUB document; Preview, test and export your EPUB for a variety of devices.
ADID101—Adobe InDesign: 2 Days and ADID102—Adobe InDesign: 3 Days or equivalents are mandatory.
This course is currently available in another city, on demand or for private classes only. Call us at 888.484.2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form and we will contact you to arrange a class date that is suitable to your availability.
- What are ePub mobile PDFs and Adobe DPS formats?
- ePub 3.0 FXL devices
- ePub 2.0 vs 3.0 standards
- What can and can't be included in an ePub document
- Adobe InDesign brief review
- The InDesign workspace
- Creating InDesign documents
- Working with text and images
- Preparing the InDesign document for a fixed layout ePub
- Creating a new fixed layout document
- Working with pages and master pages and spreads
- Converting a print based layout into a FXL ePub
- Tips for layout adjustment
- Controlling versions and content with the content collection tools
- Updating linked content
- Adding media to your ePub
- Importing sound and video formats
- Working with buttons and button actions
- Building Object States (slide shows)
- Animation Tools
- Overview of HTML 5 animation tools
- InDesign animation tools
- Animation presets
- Creating and editing an animation
- Setting up timing and timing effects
- Testing and previewing animations
- Navigation, functionality and accessibility
- Creating a cover image
- Building a device table of contents
- Adding hyperlinks
- What is metadata?
- Adding metadata
- Adding accessibility features for assistive technology devices
- Previewing, testing and exporting
- General export options for FXL ePub
- Previewing ePubs on your desktop computer
- Previewing for the iBooks iPad app and mobile devices
- Resources for publishing and distributing the ePub
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.